Monday, January 10, 2011

Progress, am I making any?

Maybe it's too soon to be asking, but I like to think so. Towards the end of December, all I kept thinking about was how awesome I was gonna make the year 2011. I was making all sorts of plans and resolutions. In my mind of course. Did not want to let my dude or anyone at all for that matter, in on what I was feeling. The way I figure, if he or anyone else knows about my little scheming and planning, said schemes and plans will fall through. Leaving me very sad and disappointed. So I've been quietly making efforts to improve myself. Started doing yoga in the morning, which is going well and shouldn't be hard to maintain. Also, making time during my day to just sit down and listen to a record.

 I'm surprised to find how much I've changed over the past few years. I remember being able to just lay in bed, flip through Spin and Rolling Stone and just listen to music. It was so easy. For some sad reason, I find it hard to just sit still and play a record. It always feels like I should be doing something productive like wash the dishes and do laundry or vacuum. What is the matter with me!?!? I feel like I've lost a bit of myself, but I'm intent on gaining it back.

Do you know it has been literally years since Sam and I have written and created a new song?! Years!! I'm nearly disgusted with myself. I used to have a passion for this stuff. All I ever wanted in life was to create art and music, and here I sit. Nothing. I've done nothing. It's truly sad, but as I said before, this is all going to change. I'm going to learn how to use that dang Alesis Micron and I'm gonna practice more.

As far as my professional life, I'm not sure where that is headed. I like my job, but I don't want to be there another 3 years. Considering going back to school, and this time I have a better idea of what I'm going for. So, maybe I should just give it a shot. My best friend from high school found me on facebook. We haven't seen each other in 5 years. The last time I spoke to her she was on her second child and still attending University. She's finally graduation this year and I'm super excited for her. So, it may have taken her nearly a decade to do it, but the point is she did it.

Well, this turned out weird. Wasn't intending to rant on like that. I suppose those were just things I wanted to get off my back. Although, it does feel like I've made this entry before. Oh well. I still believe this year is gonna be epic and I'm still excited.

Later alligators.

No comments:

Post a Comment